Associate Graphic Designer
Cogent Legal, an Oakland-based litigation graphics and trial strategy firm that develops graphics in a variety of formats for attorneys to use in case presentations, seeks a motivated, detail-oriented person to work as a full-time associate designer.
The position entails supporting the Creative Director in design and assisting the senior staff with project management. The Associate Graphic Designer will handle a variety of responsibilities, including: develop graphics that display data in easy-to-understand, visually compelling ways; create original illustrations to support the narrative aspect of a case presentation; create slide-based presentations that explain cases and build a narrative with fresh and engaging visuals; assist in creating image- and text-based graphics; compile graphics into final presentations; proofread final presentations; help design in-house marketing materials; and, occasionally assist with website and blog content. Some light administrative work will be required at times as well.
The ideal candidate is personable, energetic, a problem solver, and takes initiative to assist the firm in any way possible. He or she will willingly shift gears and respond with flexibility to help meet unpredictable client deadlines. The ideal candidate also endeavors to stay current with design trends and is comfortable using new technologies and social media.
Candidates must have:
- Advanced level of proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Strong design and drawing abilities to create the wide variety of graphics used in litigation
- Proven ability to translate concepts into illustrations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong proofreading ability
- College degree in graphic design or equivalent
Additional experience and skills desired:
- Prior litigation graphics experience
- Powerpoint and/or Keynote
- Flash, HTML5
- Ability to incorporate 3D modeling into graphic design
- A knowledge of or interest in the law
- Administrative support experience
- Savvy with social media and blogging
Candidates should familiarize themselves with the company’s mission and work samples on the website (cogentlegal.com), and read the firm’s blog (cogentlegal.com/blog), to determine if the firm feels like a good fit before applying. Please send cover letter, resume and a link to graphic design samples to the email address provided in this craigslist listing (no phone calls please).
Compensation to be determined based on prior experience. Includes benefits.